Categories are a pre-populated list that is setup by an Admin user to define broad categories for your video content.
Once a Category is created, it can be selected by one or more of your videos, and used by your members to better search through your video content.
To Create a Video Category
- In Admin >Videos >Categories
- Select Add
- Set the Category Name: this will be visible across your video library
- Set the Category Description
- Repeat the steps above to add more Categories
Add a Video to a Category
Once your list of Categories are created
- Browse to Videos >Manage Videos >Select a Video from the List >Edit
- Select one or more categories from the drop-down list
Display Categories on your Video Library
- In Layout >Video Library >select Search Filter Settings from the collapsible menu
- Enable Categories
- Set a Label if your would like Categories to be labelled differently on your video library. ie. Topics
- Categories will now appear on your main Video Library Search Filter:
- The Category selected for each video will also be listed on each Video Play Page
Display or Hide Categories on a Channel Page
Categories can be displayed or hidden on a Channel Page. Refer to this article for more information on Channel Settings
- Videos can be added to one or more categories. So when a user searches the video library via the Categories filter, they will see all videos with the relevant category associated with it.
- You can not use Categories to manage member access, packages or discounts to videos associated with a specific categories. You must use Channel to manage access.
- A video can be added to one of more categories.
- There is a Categories video page that can be turned on for your video library