Configure iMIS SSO Application with your video library
The first steps walks through configuring your webcastcloud video library as an application for Single Sign-On within iMIS:
- Browse to iMIS Settings >Contacts >Client Applications
For prior versions of iMIS, this can be found under RiSE >Maintenance >Client Applications
- Add Client Application
- Client ID: webcastcloud
- Client Secret: create a unique cryptic password.
- Refresh Token: between 1 and 60.
- Return URL: https://<hostname>/iMIS/SSO
Further information on SSO can be found here:
iMIS Cloud SSO:
Create the iMIS SSO Redirect Page
- Go to RiSE > Page Builder > Manage content
- Create a new content record (New > Website Content)
- Title: Give the content record a Title. ie. webcastcloud-sso
- From a content record, select Add content
- Open the Contact folder, then select the Single Sign-On content item created in the step above
- Select webcastcloud from the Client application list
- Click OK
- Select Properties tab
- Turn on Content is Secure
- Enable Content requires user to login
- Click Save & Publish
- Select Generate Full URL
- Copy the URL
- You now want to use this URL in two locations:
- Add the redirect link to any location in your iMIS website. When the link is clicked, the contact will remain logged in with their same iMIS credentials.
- Follow the steps below to add the URL to webcastcloud Admin as your Login URL
Add iMIS Login URL to webcastcloud
- Using the SSO Login URL above, In webcastcloud Admin, browse to Video Library > Registrations
- Under Local Authentication Settings, ensure the following are set:
- Local Registration - Off
- Local Login - Off
- Email is username - Off
- Open Integration Authentication Settings from the collapsible menu
- Turn On 'Integration Provider Login Button'
- Login URL: Paste the iMIS SSO Login URL from the steps above
- Logout URL: Your iMIS site should already have a logout url which you cad add here
- Login Button Text: set the text that will appear on your login button. ie. Member Login, Login, Join, etc.
When you browse to your video library as an anonymous user, you should now see your Login button and will be redirect to iMIS Login page for Single Sign-On.
Create or Modify IQAs
IQAs are required to pull retrieve additional membership details and member groups.
We require as a minimum the Membership Details IQA to complete the Member Profile creation in webcastcloud.
Please work with webcastcloud support and your iMIS Administrator to connect the correct IQAs to webcastcloud.
Add iMIS Integration Settings to webcastcloud
Once iMIS is setup, copy the client applications and IQAs to the following location:
- In webcastcloud Admin, browse to Settings >Integration
- Edit iMIS
- Provider Name: Add your company name or application. This is not used in the configuration.
- REST Client: https://<yourwebsite.org>/asi.scheduler_AAPA
- Member Detail IQA: This is your IQA endpoint where we retrieve membership information.
example only: $/EventManagement/DefaultSystem/Queries/ContactByEmail
- Membership Groups IQA: THis is your IQA endpoint where we retrieve member groups
example only: $/EventManagement/DefaultSystem/Queries/membergroups
- Client ID & Client Secret: paste the details create in iMIS SSO Application
Your webcastcloud and iMIS SSO and Advanced Configuration should now be complete.