One or more speakers can be added to your video, that will be displayed on your Play Page and Video Card, and can also be used as a search filter on your video library.
All Speakers will have a member profile, although if they only have the Speaker role they will not have access to login to your video library as a member.
An existing member can be assigned the Speaker role to be added as a Speaker to a video.
Speakers will replace Presenters. All presenter data will be migrated to Speakers table.
Add a Speaker to your Video
When editing or adding a new video or live stream, you can add one or more Speakers.
- From Admin >Videos >Manage Videos >Select Video from the List >Edit
- From the Speakers drop-down menu on the Video Edit page, you can search and select a Speaker.
- If the Speakers does not exist, select Add New Speaker
- From the Add New Speaker modal, enter the Speakers details
- Upload a Speaker Profile image. The Profile image will be displayed on the Video Play Page.
- Select Save to add the new speaker
- Note: An email address is required to create the speaker profile. If you do not have an email address for your speaker and they will never intent to login to your video library, you can use a pseudo email address. ie. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once all speakers are added to your video, select Save
Turn on Speaker search on your Video Library Search Filter
- In Admin >Layout >Video Library
- Select Video Library Settings tab
- Select Search Filter Settings menu
- Enable Speakers Search
- Set the label for your Search Menu. ie. Speakers will appear on your video library search filter.
To see all Speakers and managed speaker profiles
- Browse to Admin >Users >Members
- Select Filter Icon
- From the Role drop-down menu, select Speakers
- Select Go to display results
All Speakers will be listed in the results table.
- Select any Speaker and Edit
- The Speakers details can be updated from here. This includes: Full Name, Profile Image, Job Title, Company, Bio, etc.
- Speaker: if the speaker only has the Speaker role, they will not have any privilege to login to the video library.
- Video Library: if the speaker has both the Video Library and Speaker role, they can login to your video library.
- Notes: can be used for internal notes about the speaker. These are only visible to admin users.
- Active: If the Active flag is false, and the speaker has the Video Library role. They will not be able to login to the video library. If the profile is not active, it will override all permissions.
- To update any details, select Save