Webcastcloud in-Build Video Chat
Webcastcloud Chat is an in-built chat client that displays within the webcastcloud Video Player for a Live Stream or Video On-Demand (VOD).
webcastcloud's in-built video player chat allows users to connect and communicate in real-time using the responsive chat box in a community style chat room.
Each Live Stream or VOD can have its own unique chat. Some of the most common use cases for chat include:
- Live Stream chat for virtual or hybrid event to connect your online viewers with your speakers or community
- Live webinar chat to connect webinar moderators with your audience
- For Virtual/Hybrid event exhibitors, allowing them to connect with online event attendees on their exhibitor video/virtual booth
- Simulated live events can use chat to receive and answers questions from the online audience
- OnDemand videos can continue to receive chat comments year-round, and see chat history from a live event
Turn On Chat for your Live Stream or Video On-Demand (VOD)
- In Admin, browse to Videos >Manage Videos
- Find and select Video from List >Edit
- Select Interactivity tab
- Select Enable Chat
- Enable Open on Load: Select if you would like the chat feed to open when the video loads, or rather than users select the chat icon to open chat. We recommend turning this on for most scenarios.
Chat is now turned on for your Live Stream or Video On-Demand.
Chat on Video Player - Desktop View:
Chat on Video Player - Mobile View: