n this article you will learn how to create a Live Stream in webcastcloud, and push your video to webcastcloud LIVE from any RTMP video streaming encoder.
For example, OBS Studio is a popular RTMP streaming software using by many streaming professionals.
webcastcloud LIVE allows you to deliver your live stream to viewers via your webcastcloud Channel or Live Event Stage, where all video analytics, access and ticketing is managed through your webcastcloud video library or event microsite.
Plans: Live Streaming is an add-on for webcastcloud Enterprise Plans. Please contact our sales team if you wish to add live streaming to your subscription.
Schedule a Live Stream
- In webcastcloud Admin, select Videos >Manage Videos >Add Live Stream
- Select the Channel your Live Stream will be available from
- Select the Live Media
- Enter a Video Title for your live stream
- Select the Date, Time and Duration
- Select the Live Media Channel if you have more than one live stream channel available
Update Video Type & Details
From the Video Info tab, you can add the following to your Live Stream:
- Change Video Type (if required) to Locked, Paid or Free
- Update the Video Price
- Set Categories & Tags
- Upload your Live Stream Thumbnail Image
- Add your Description
Setup your RTMP Encoder
Before you're ready to broadcast, your Encoding Software must be set up to Stream to your webcastcloud LIVE Media input.
The below example demonstrates the setup using OBS Studio
- in Admin browse to Settings >Live Stream
- Copy the RTMP Server URL and Stream Key. You will need this information for your RTMP encoder.
- Click on Settings >Stream
- Select >Service >Custom
- Enter your Server URL and Stream Key copied from webcastcloud admin
- Click Apply >OK
Once your Audio and Video feed are connected and ready, you are now ready to start your live stream.
Start a Live Stream
- In webcastcloud Admin, browse to Videos >Manage Videos >Select your Video >Edit
- Click on Media Info tab
- Select Live Studio to open the Live Event Console
- Click on Prepare To Go Live. Then select ‘Use RTMP Broadcast Software’ this will turn yellow whilst your Media Live channel is starting up.
- Once the Media Live channel has started up, the button will change to Go Live
Before your select Go Live, you want to start your RTMP Encoder now that your Media Live Channel is running.
- From OBS Studio (or your preferred RTMP encoder), you can now select Start Streaming
- Allow the encoder stream to run for 45 seconds. This is needed to fully engage the live stream.
- In the webcastcloud Live Event Console, you can now select Go Live
This will change the status on the Video Player and your viewers will start to receive the Live Stream.
End the Live Stream
Once you have finished your live stream, from the Live Event Console you can select to End Broadcast.
A 60 second countdown will start, allowing all viewers to see the end of the live stream.
Remain on this page, and the broadcast will automatically end after the completion of the countdown.
You can then click 'Stop Streaming' on OBS Studio (or your preferred Encoder)