In this article, we will walk though how to run a Live Stream on webcastcloud from your Zoom account.
We will assume you have already Scheduled a Live Stream in webcastcloud.
Once your Live Stream is setup, you can continue with the steps below:
Connecting your Zoom Meeting to a RTMP Server
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal
- Click Meetings
- Click Schedule a Meeting and enter the required information to schedule a meeting
- Click Save
- Click the Live Streaming tab, then click Configure Custom Streaming Service
- Enter the RTMP Stream URL and Stream Key from webcastcloud Settings >Live Stream and copy the RTMP Ingest URL and Stream Key.
- Live Streaming page URL can be your webcastcloud site https://<sitename>.webcastcloud.com for example or any placeholder site.
- Select Save
Start your Live Stream
First we will start our zoom video meeting. The start of the meeting will not be broadcast live to any viewers. This provides you time to connect to your meeting, and allow other speakers to join.
The following steps will walk you though starting both Live Streaming on zoom and your webcastcloud Live Stream.
1. Start your Zoom Meeting
- Open Zoom from your desktop application
- Start your scheduled Meeting
2. Standby Live on webcastcloud
- In webcastcloud Admin, browse to Videos >Manage Videos >Select your Video >Edit
- Click on Media Info tab
- Select Live Event to open the Live Event Console
- Click on Standby Live. This will start a 60 second countdown whilst your Media Live channel is starting up.
- Once the countdown has reached 0, the button will change to 'Go Live'. DO NOT select Go Live at this time.
3. Go Live on Zoom Meeting
Be prepared with a holding slide, and notify your speakers that the meeting is now live.
- On the Zoom Desktop App Click 'More' and click 'Live on Custom Streaming Service'
- When your zoom meeting says 'Live on Custom Live Streaming Service' you are Ready to select Go Live
3. Go Live on webcastcloud to your Live Audience
- In the webcastcloud Live Event Console, you can now select Go Live
This will change the status on the Video Player and your viewers will start to receive the Live Stream.
End the Live Stream
Once you have finished your live stream, from the webcastcloud Live Event Console you can select End Broadcast.
A 60 second countdown will start, allowing all viewers to see the end of the live stream.
Remain on this page, and the broadcast will automatically end after the completion of the countdown.
You can then click Stop on your Zoom Live Stream