In this article you will learn how to add a Live Stream to one of your Channels, start it, and stream it through StreamYard
Create a Live Stream
- In webcastcloud, navigate to Videos > Manage videos
- Click Add Live Stream
- Select the Channel you wish to host the Live Stream.
- Select the Stream URL (Note: There will be one provided for your website)
- Choose a Title for the Live Stream.
- Select a Date, Time and duration
You will be redirected to the video edit page of your Live Stream.
- Select Thumbnail >Upload to upload a thumbnail image for your live stream page and video card
A default thumbnail image for live streams can be setup following these instructions
- Select an Image to upload
- Copy your Live Stream settings
- From webcastcloud Admin, browse to Settings >Live Stream
- Copy the RTMP Ingest URL and Stream Key
You will need to add these into your StreamYard account.
- Configure Live Stream Destination in Stream Yard
- Login to https://streamyard.com/
- Click Add a Destination
- Click Custom RTMP
- Paste in your RTMP Ingest URL and Stream Key
- Enter a nickname. ie. webcastcloud Live Channel
- Click Add RTMP server
You will now see the live stream destination configured.
Starting your Live Stream
When it's time for your live stream, follow the steps below to run your event.
- In webcastcloud, navigate to Videos > Manage
- Search for your live stream, select Edit
- Click Media Info tab
- Click Live Studio
- From Live Studio, select Prepare To Go Live > Use RTMP Broadcast Software
- The live indicator button will turn yellow whilst your Live Media channel is starting. This can take up around 30-40 seconds
It is best to run this process a few minutes before you need to be live, or anytime in the preparation on the day of your stream.
- Once the Live Channel has started, you will be presented with the Live Media Settings for your broadcast software.
You may cross check your StreamYard Destination settings that were setup in the task above.
- Keep webcastcloud Live Studio open, and now open StreamYard
- Click on Broadcasts, then Create a Broadcast
- Select the Destination and enter a Title for the broadcast
- Click Create Broadcast
- Enter your Display Name
- Select Enter Studio
- Add your source/s in Stream yard
A source if your speaker's video or presentation content. You can add or remove speakers from the stream at any time. If you remove a presenter it will not kick them out of the studio. They will be hidden from the audience and you can bring them back in if/when needed.
- When you have all your speakers ready, you can select Go Live in StreamYard
Note - your audio and video is starting to be recorded and streamed to webcastcloud, so please be aware that you are one step away from being live to viewers.
- Navigate back to webcastcloud Live Studio, after approximately 40 seconds select Go Live
You are now Live to your online viewers. Your speakers can start presenting.
End the Live Stream
Once you have finished your live stream, from the Live Event Console you can select to End Broadcast.
A 60 second countdown will start, allowing all viewers to see the end of the live stream.
Remain on this page, and the broadcast will automatically end after the completion of the countdown.
You can now click End Broadcast on StreamYard
Important Note: You must select End Broadcast on webcastcloud. Leaving this on may incur charges to your account as you may result in exceeding your live streaming hours per month.
We strongly recommend you always end the broadcast in the webcastcloud Live Studio.