If you are using an external website to sell a channel of videos, you can simplify redirect the 'buy channel' button to your external product page.
- Go to Video Channel > Channels >Edit Channel
- Scroll down to Channel Cost
- Set the price of your channel that will appear on the buy channel button
- Enable Use External Sales
- Enter the external website URL
When you browse the video channel, you will now see the option to Buy Channel and the button will redirect the user to your external website.
Where does the Buy Channel button display?
The Buy Channel button will appear as follow: Buy <Channel Name> Price
The button will appear on:
- The video channel homepage, if the channel is a spotlight row
- The channel page
- The video play page, with the instructions below, as the video may be locked or can also be purchased individually if a video price was set.
When would I use this?
This is most commonly used when you have your website, CRM or Association Management Software (AMS) integrated with webcastcloud. A webcastcloud product (such as a channel or course) can be purchased from an external site, although you will need to handle the call back or channel access within webcastcloud once the product has been purchased on your external site. This can be handled via webcastcloud's API or an advanced integration.