In this article, we will walk though how to to create a poll and use them during a live stream.
Live Polls can be delivered to your online audience in rea-time, and they support either Multiple Choice, Star Rating or Open Text Questions.
Once your live stream is on-demand, you can continue to use the live polls with your on-demand audience, and collate results from both live and on-demand poll participation.
Once your Live Stream is created, you can continue with the steps below.
Create a Poll for your Live Stream
- In webcastcloud Admin, browse to Videos >Manage Videos
- Select the live stream you have already created from the video list
- Select Edit
- Click Interactivity tab
- Select Create Poll
- You can select to create Multiple Choice, Star Rating or Open Text question
- Enter a quiz name
Note: You aren't required to enter a display time for Live polls
- Create your Question/s
- Set the weight of the question by using Points
- Click the circle to set the correct answer (you can set multiple correct answers)
11. Once all the questions are setup, select Save
Manage Polls for Livestream
This section is for once you have gone live on your livestream
- From the Live Event Console select Polls
Note: While you are live you can create Multiple Choice, Star Rating and open Text polls but not new quizzes.
- Turn a poll on by using the blue slider
Note: Only one poll can be active at a time. Turning one on will deactivate the last one.
- when Poll is active it will display on Playpage about 10-20 seconds later.
2. To see Live results, in admin click on quiz icon
3. Once polls are answered turn them off with the slider
4. Click Download Quiz Result to get an excel export of the results or click the 3 Dot Icon and select Download Result.
- At the beginning of your livestream your MC/Presenter should let people know polls will appear throughout the course of the livestream. Polls will automatically open once turned on but remind the audience the poll icon will be in the bottom right of the player when polls are active.
- Once the poll is turned on it will display on the Livestream Playpage about 10-20 seconds later.
- While polls can be created on the fly during a live stream, we recommend creating the polls before going live so to be able to quickly enable and disable them.