This article will show you how to replace the Zoom watermark that appears on a live stream.
As covered in the zoom article, we will walk through the pre-requisites and steps to
Please note: the Zoom watermark cannot be removed, only customised. Once it has been updated underneath your custom watermark it will read "Powered by zoom" in small font.
Zoom has a few pre-requisites in order to replace the watermark on a live stream.
- You will need a Business, Enterprise or Education account.
Unfortunately this feature is not enabled in the Professional or lower account.
- You will need an approved Vanity URL from zoom (if you already have one skip to step 2).
You can apply for your Vanity URL at https://zoom.us/account, then scroll down to Vanity URL
- You must submit a Vanity URL request from your official domain and not a public domain (gmail.com, hotmail.com, etc.
- Vanity URLs should match your company's domain name. For example:
- "hooli.com" should apply for "hooli.zoom.us".
- You need to create a ticket with zoom support here, and ask them to Enable the option to add a Live Streaming Watermark for your account.
The setting is unfortunately not available in the zoom admin by default, so you must contact their support to get this turned on. You can reference the zoom article in your support ticket.
Note: After contacting support, please allow up to 3 business days for the feature to be enabled.
Upon confirmation of the live stream watermark setting being turned on for our account:
- In Zoom Admin, navigate to Advanced > Branding
- Click Meetings
- Scroll down to Live Streaming Watermark
- Click Change, and upload your logo
- Recommend PNG image with transparent background
- Maximum Image size: 400x400 pixels
- Note: If you do not want a watermark logo to be displayed, you can rather upload a blank PNG image. There is no option to turn this off, so the blank image is the best option.
Next time you live stream, the new watermark will now be displayed along with the small 'powered by zoom' text.