A channel is a collection of videos that are categorized and can be displayed together on your video library. Each channel has its own dedicated channel page. Channels can be used for a variety of different applications include creating a searchable collection of videos that have a similar video type, topic or category. An upcoming live virtual or hybrid event channel. Or an on-demand conference channel.
Channels can have multiple levels and child objects, acting similar as a folder structure.
The following steps will walk you through how to use the quick channel add. More settings are available once the channel is created.
- In Admin, browse to Video Channels >Channels >Add
- Name: Add the channel name. This will appear on headings, menus and labels throughout your video channel.
- Channel Type: Select Video
- Video: The channel will include a collection of videos.
- Zoom: The channel will host a zoom meeting. (Zoom Integration required. Not covered in this article)
- Video Type: Sets the default type of videos uploaded to this channel.
- Paid: Videos in a Paid Channel will be set to Paid by default. They will need to be purchased by the viewer.
- Free: Free videos can be viewer by all users. These viewers can be anonymous or logged in.
- Locked: A Locked channel will make all videos Locked by default. Locked videos will display a Locked icon but their video card will still appear on your video library. An Access List, Package or subscription will allow members to view videos within a Locked channel.
- Channel Security: Sets the default level of access on the channel.
- Authentication Required requires a member to login/register before previewing the channel page and its video content. This is most commonly used with Free Videos so you track viewers. or if you only want your members being able to browse video content on specific channel pages. Learn more
- Private Channels will only appear on your Video Library to members that are on an Access List or Package linked to the channel. The channel page and its videos will be private by default.
If you set the channel to paid, then you can set the default price for all individual videos within the channel.
- Video Price: Set the default price for individual videos within this channel. If all videos in the channel are going to be $50, this means that you do not need to update the price on every video. You can overwrite the video price at the video level if your videos have varying prices.
If the channel was set to Paid or Locked, you can also set a channel price. If the videos are locked, they can only be purchased as part of the channel.
- Channel Cost: Sets the list price for a channel, allowing a member to purchase the entire channel and all its videos. This includes child channels and videos.
- Spotlight Channel: A way to highlight popular or new content, by displaying the channel on your homepage in a row of video thumbnails. The order of spotlight channels can be edited under 'Spotlight Channels' menu. Learn more about Spotlight Channels
- Parent: If the channel should be set as a child object of another channel, the parent can be selected. Learn more about channel hierarchy