The username is an identifying string of characters that is used by webcastcloud to identify members.
More recently, usernames are being stored as email addresses as its significantly easier for the user access your site to remember their email address rather than a unique string of characters and/or numbers.
When using webcastcloud registration page to allow a member to create their own member account, we recommend that you use the setting 'Email is Username'. This will setup their member profile with their email address being used as their username, rather than a separate string of characters.
If you are using Single Sign-On, we recommend you read the considerations below.
- In Video Channel >Registration >Authentication
- From the Authentication Settings collapsible menu
- Select Email is Username
Considerations with Advanced SSO Integrations:
- In some instances, such as an Advanced SSO Integration, a user may already reside in another system where existing users have a unique username that may be different to their email address. In this instance, you may keep this settings false.
- If your CRM/AMS or Directory has a combination of username as email address and string of unique characters, we suggest you also keep this false to ensure that members with the unique characters will be setup correctly.
- If a username is updated and using SSO the member logs in to the video library again, if the customer ID already exists with their profile then their username will be updated. If the user does not have a Customer ID stored against their profile, a new profile will be created for them.