Members are your front-end users, that are active across your video library and events.
Each member will have a member profile, and can have one or more roles assigned to their profile to allow role based access to different resources across your video site.
Explanation of Member Roles:
- Video Library: The role provides access to your video library. Video and channel permissions can still be managed at their own access level, but if the member does not have the Video Library role they wont
- Event: The member only has access to an events they have registered for. This is ideal for live webinars or virtual/hybrid events run from the platform and you are providing access via an event registration page. User who register via the event registration page will not gain automatic access to your video library and are restricted to viewing the event only. Learn more
- Speaker: a member with the speaker role can be selected as a speaker on your videos.
- Company Manager: The member will gain access to view video analytics for staff within their organization (the same company ID). Learn more
If a member has two roles, the role with the higher level of permissions will take precedence.
If a member has no roles, but is an Active member, they will have authorized to the video library by default. A Video library role will be required in a future release.
Add a Member Role in Admin
- Browse to Users >Members >find Member from list >Edit
- From User Role drop-down menu, select one or more roles
Add a Member Role via Integration
When creating members via our API or an Advanced Integration, a member can be added to one or more roles at time of creation or update.
Refer to API documentation > Members/AddMember endpoint for more information