In this article, we will walk though how to run a Live Stream on webcastcloud from your Zoom account.
We will assume you have already Scheduled a Live Stream in webcastcloud.
Once your Live Stream is setup, you can continue with the steps below:
GoToWebinar only supports RTMP (Real-Time Messaging Protocol) connections. RTMP is used for the transmission of audio, video, and other data between streaming servers. That means you'll need to manually enter the streaming information and initiate the live stream broadcast from the GoToWebinar dashboard.
Connecting your Goto Webinar to a RTMP Server
- First, create a Webcast webinar.
- Set up your live streaming event.
- Copy the streaming details to your GoToWebinar event.
- In the GoToWebinar dashboard, open the event details.
- Click Settings.
- Under Live Streaming, click + Configure by the preferred streaming platform (Custom).
Note: Custom streaming platforms require the streaming service title and streaming page URL.
- Enter the Stream Key and Stream URL found in your WCC Admin browse to Settings >Live Stream, copy the RTMP Ingest URL and Stream Key. Now click Save.
Start your Live Stream
First we will start our zoom video meeting. The start of the meeting will not be broadcast live to any viewers. This provides you time to connect to your meeting, and allow other speakers to join.
The following steps will walk you though starting both Live Streaming on zoom and your webcastcloud Live Stream.
1. Start your GoTo Webinar
- Open Goto from your desktop application
- Start your scheduled Webinar
2. Standby Live on webcastcloud
- In webcastcloud Admin, browse to Videos >Manage Videos >Select your Video >Edit
- Click on Media Info tab
- Select Live Event to open the Live Event Console
- Click on Standby Live. This will start a 60 second countdown whilst your Media Live channel is starting up.
- Once the countdown has reached 0, the button will change to 'Go Live'. DO NOT select Go Live at this time.
3. Go Live on GoToWebinar Meeting
Be prepared with a holding slide, and notify your speakers that the meeting is now live.
3. Go Live on webcastcloud to your Live Audience
- In the webcastcloud Live Event Console, you can now select Go Live
This will change the status on the Video Player and your viewers will start to receive the Live Stream.
End the Live Stream
Once you have finished your live stream, from the webcastcloud Live Event Console you can select End Broadcast.
A 60 second countdown will start, allowing all viewers to see the end of the live stream.
Remain on this page, and the broadcast will automatically end after the completion of the countdown.
You can then click Stop Broadcast next to the platform on your GoTo Live Stream