In this article you will learn how to create a live stream in preparation for your live event.
Plans: Live Streaming is an add-on feature to webcastcloud hosting plans. Please contact our sales team if you wish to add live streaming to your subscription.
Create a Live Stream
- In webcastcloud Admin, select Videos >Manage Videos >Add Live Stream
- Select the Channel your Live Stream will be available from
- Enter a Video Title for your live stream
- Select the Date and Time
- Set the Duration.
Note: that the duration is just an estimate for your viewers. Your live stream will start and finish as you manage your stream to go live and end broadcast.
- Select the Live Media if you have more than one live media channel
- Default Settings: Cloud Recording and Auto Publish values are set for each Live Media default settings. You can browse to Settings >Live Stream and update your default settings if required.
You can disable Default Settings if you wish to change from the default.
- Cloud Recording: When you start the live broadcast, a recording of the live stream will be created in the cloud.
- Auto Publish: When you End Broadcast, the live stream recording will be processed and made available on-demand automatically on your video page. You will not need to upload your video for on-demand.
Your live stream has now been created, and you can use the Share button on the Video Info page to copy the Play Page URL for sharing your live stream with your online audience.
If you wish to create a Registration Page for viewers outside of your video library, follow this article.
Update Video Details
From the Video Info tab, you can add additional information to your live stream, but also manage default pricing and access.
- Video Type: The live stream will inherit the video type on the channel. You can disable inheritance, and change the video type to Locked, Paid or Free.
- Upload your Live Stream Thumbnail Image to overwrite the default live thumbnail
- Complete other information including Tags, Categories, Description
Start a Live Stream
You are now ready to run your live stream.